Friday, June 27, 2014

Molly's Beauty Corner // Kiehl's Cuddly-Coat Conditioning Rinse

When I agreed to be the first canine contributor to this blog, I don't think I realized what I was getting into.

For my inaugural post, my editor wanted me to do a doggie manicure/pedicure. First, she rolls me out of bed on a Friday morning to take me to the VET (where I had my nails trimmed) at 8am. Then after all that, the bitch thinks she's going to paint my nails PURPLE. After 3 botched attempts, she finally took the hint. Not happening today! Lovely readers, today you'll have to settle for something a bit less traumatizing, yet still fancy enough for my refined palate: Kiehl's Cuddly-Coat Conditioning Rinse.

Kiehl's Cuddly-Coat Conditioning Rinse

I know what you're thinking. "Conditioner for a dog?" "But, isn't she a short-haired dachshund?" To be honest, when my editor/owner first brought it home years ago, I was skeptical, too. I thought it was just another novelty dog item she'd wasted her money on. In fact, she spends less on her own conditioner at Target. I know I deserve the finer things in life, but I would have settled for a good T-bone steak. Seeing as being bathed is part of my job around here, I thought I'd sit still and keep my mouth shut for one extra step in my beauty routine. 

For once, I was pleasantly surprised. Not only does it make me smell divine, but it leaves my coat shiny and soft, too. The packaging says it's formulated with Chamomile Flower Extract as well as Palm Kernel-derived conditioners to leave my coat soft and glossy. I don't know about you, but those things sound tasty. I lick my paws after every bath, but I can't taste anything. Despite the label misleading me into thinking I'm in for a delectable treat, I have to give this product 2 dewclaws up for its fresh scent and the softness it imparts upon my coat.

Molly with her conditioner

At $17 for 12 fl. oz, this item is definitely a treat. But because I'm a dog, I'm worth it. Also, a little goes a long way! We've had this bottle for a few years and the product is still going strong, so it's a cost-effective indulgence. (More cost effective than that ridiculous doggie sushi she once bought me!) 

I've tried other doggie conditioners, but nothing compared to this original from Kiehl's. Speaking like a beauty blogger, this conditioner is definitely my holy grail. I may have a short coat, but this product makes me feel as soft as a newborn pup!

Molly posing with the product

As for the doggie pawlish, that will have to wait until another day. Rest assured, I sought my revenge on my editor for trying to paint my nails: I rubbed myself in the carpet right after my bath. Now it, too, smells and feels great. Thanks, Kiehl's!

Molly laying down
Seriously, are we done yet?

1 comment:

iddylee said...

Sounds like you found a great product for Ms. Molly. I love the "2 dewclaws up!" 'Dog' uses Earthbath and she has the softest fur ever-- I'd highly recommend it if you're ever in the market for soft fur and sensitive skin.